PayPal provides a helpful solution for collecting donations, registration fees, product payments, etc. from the web. For more than one reason, the PayPal service is usually far better than working to incorporate a full-blown e-Commerce solution into your website. A couple of those reasons are the fact that there is not set up fee (for the account needed to connect with a Finalweb Church Website), and that the company is well-recognized as a secure way of making payments. Visitors will have the option to pay with their own PayPal account, or without logging in at all. The service is reliable and has recently been updated, so here are the current steps for setting up an account.
1. Visit www.paypal.com and select the Business option at the top left.
2. Select "Get Started" under the Standard option.
3. Here there are presented two different options. You may either login with an existing personal account, so that it can be updated to become a Business Standard account, or create a new account. This demonstration will take the new account route; select this option.
4. Create the account. Provide the necessary information and agree to the terms. The last step will require you to verify your email address.
5. Verify your email and login.
6. Configure Seller Options by hovering over the "Profile" link (seen below) and clicking on "My Selling Tools."
7. Click on "Update" beside the Website preferences option.
8. Change the following options:
Auto Return - set to "ON"
Return URL - paste yours into the box. This is found in the E-Commerce Options of the Site Manager for your website. Click on "Configure E-Commerce Settings" and you will see the URL about half-way down the page.
PayPal Account Optional - ensure this is set to "ON"
Contact Telephone Number - ensure this is set to "OFF"
Save the options to finalize this configuration.
9. Copy the Identity Token for use in the E-Commerce settings of your website. This token is the long string that should appear in a box on the next screen.
10. Paste the Identity Token into the E-Commerce settings of your website. Navigate to the E-Commerce Setup.
Also, make certain the settings are set to:
Check this box to allow collection... - CHECKED
Enter your PayPal account ID... - this is the PayPal email address you entered
Enter your PayPal Identity Token... - paste Identity Token
The settings will take effect once "Save Changes" is clicked at the bottom of the screen.
View All Posts