How to Create More Email Accounts
Whether it is because of a new staff member, or for the purposes of organizing contact information, the need sometimes arises to create a new email account. Fortunately, the email system included with your Finalweb web solution provides a simple and efficient way to do just this. Follow the steps below, and then look at our documentation for configuring accounts in desktop and mobile clients for sending and receiving mail.
To setup additional email accounts:
- Visit http://mail2.finalweb.com/admin
- Login using your administrative username (this will be your Finalweb username, followed by the @ sign and your domain name.) For example, firstname.lastname@example.org and password. The password is the same password you received to administer your web site when it was originally configured. NOTE: DO NOT DELETE THIS ACCOUNT!
- Click the "New User" button located towards the upper-left side of the window
- In the "Alias" box, type the portion of the email address that will appear before the @ sign. For instance, john.doe would be an alias for email@example.com
- Type the same thing in the "username" box.
- Type the Full Name of the user associated with this box.
- Type and confirm a password for this mailbox. Make sure the password contains at least 8 characters, one number, and one capital letter.
- Click "OK" at the bottom of the window.
View All Posts
For more information about the settings above, click the question mark icon at the top of the settings window.